Captain's Way is currently in ALPHA. The game is halfway through a graphics overhaul. Expect bugs and limited options. The game does not yet feature a tutorial.
Captain's Way is a mix of hard hitting real time ship-to-ship combat and tactical crew management with an emphasis on player-driven, emergent situations and stories. The player takes control of a spaceship captain charged with smuggling a crew out of a war-torn star system filled with corrupt alien factions and other deadly lifeforms.
- Modular, physics based ship to ship combat: Every booster, floor and wall tile of your ship can be blown off, altering how your ship flies and shoots. Having a wall blown apart can result in dire consequences for your crew.
- Build your ship: Design, upgrade and repair your ship as you journey through the stars in order to deal with more elite enemies and larger fleets.
- Command your crew: Direct your crew to repel boarders, man stations, seal breaches, disarm bombs and avoid hazards.
- Randomly generated environments: Environments are generated differently each play-through, resulting in vastly different battles and situations.
- Permadeath: Your captain dies and the game is over. Protect them with everything you have!